ALS Canada will be hosting a walk on September 8th in memory of OPP officer Andrew Hall who passed away in 2016 of ALS. They are inviting everyone to join the event which will start from the Community Centre in Blind River at 6:30 pm.
- More than 200,000 people around the world are living with ALS.
- About 3,000 Canadians are currently living with ALS.
- Each day in Canada 2-3 people die of ALS.
- The lifetime risk of developing ALS is 1 in 1,000.
- 80% of people with ALS die within 2-5 years of diagnosis.
All donations to ALS Canada graciously accepted that evening or if you prefer, online by visiting their donation page.