(ELLIOT LAKE, ON) – On September 9, 2022 the East Algoma Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) arrested another person in relation to a previous bar fight occurrence.
On September 4, 2022, at approximately 2:00 a.m., police were called to a disturbance at a bar on Philip Walk in Elliot Lake. A fight had ensued between numerous people inside and later went into the outside parking lot where threats were made with a knife and a handgun. Numerous people were identified and arrested at that time. However, police were still looking for one person.
Donovan MELOCHE, 22 years-old from Mississauga First Nation, was charged with:
· Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm, contrary to section 91(1) of the Criminal Code (CC)
· Carrying Concealed Weapon, contrary to section 90 of the CC
· Careless Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition, contrary to section 86(1) of the CC
· Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose, contrary to section 88 of the CC
· Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm, contrary to section 92(1) of the CC
· Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing There was a Firearm, contrary to section 94 of the CC
· Pointing a Firearm (Three Counts), contrary to section 87 of the CC
· Uttering Threats – Cause Death or Bodily Harm (Three Counts), contrary to section 264.1(1)(a) of the CC
· Assault, contrary to section 266 of the CC
· Failure to Comply with Release Order – Other Than to Attend Court, contrary to section 145(5)(a) of the CC
· Failure to Comply with Undertaking, contrary to section 145(4)(a) or the CC
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice Bail Court in Sault Ste. Marie on September 12, 2022.