The Municipality of Huron Shores is seeking to fill the role of Accounting Assistant.
Summary of Position:
As assigned by the Treasurer/Tax Collector, performs a number of diverse clerical activities, such as, purchasing, issuing tax payments and receipts, Assessment Roll upkeep, issuing billing and tax collection notifications; and addressing inquiries.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Grade 12 or an acceptable combination of education and related experience.
- Completion of the Municipal Accounting and Finance Program and/or Municipal Tax Administration Program preferred.
Minimum one (1) year related experience.
- General knowledge of municipal accounting requirements and practices.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Good level of computer literacy
- Robust pension package
- Fully paid benefits
- Opportunities for growth, training and leadership
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Perkopolis Employee Discount Program
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
$21.44 – $26.82
Click here for the full job description.
Please submit a Cover Letter, Resume and Application for Employment no later than 12:00 p.m., Tuesday, April 4, 2023 to:
Municipality of Huron Shores
P.O. Box 460
Iron Bridge, ON P0R 1H0